Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 8: Group S

Winding down on the work days we have to complete our chairs, we are just putting final touches on our chair. Our two main goals for the day was to finish gluing the final supports and gluing down the bottoms of each chair. 

We ran into one problem when trying to fit the bottom cardboard piece onto our first chair. It wasn't quite cut to fit the bottom, so where some parts fit perfectly, there were gaps at other parts of the chair. Below is a video of Madalyn discussing more about what we were working on that day and our problem.

By the end of the day, we were able to solve this problem by cutting the cardboard piece into two pieces. We were able to glue one sheet down, and on Thursday we will finish gluing the final piece.

As for our second chair, we were able to glue down the bottom cardboard piece with no problem.
So as of right now, we have one complete chair, and one that is just about there.

On Thursday, once we finish gluing the final bottom piece to our chair, we will tape all the sides of the chairs and will be complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment